Sunday 15 December 2013

Spending Time With Family And Friends

When you are feeling low, it can be so easy to stay inside a lot of  the time and not make an effort to see anyone. This may result in you becoming so engrossed in thinking about how bad you're feeling and not what can be done to cheer you up. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's great to spend time by yourself as it is an opportunity to think about life and understand what's going on in your life and think of the ways you can deal with them. However, I think that it can become easy to spend so much time by yourself that you begin to become isolated, which can make you feel worse. 

One of the things that puts me in a great mood is spending time with my family and friends.  This is a great way of getting myself out and creating great memories that I can look back on when I'm feeling down. For example, I always find myself reminiscing about the great and mostly hilarious experiences my friends and I have had whenever I meet up with them. Personally, my family and friends help me so much whenever I'm going through a rough time because I feel like most of the time I spend with them consists of me laughing.  I also appreciate them much more now since I started university, as it has meant that I no longer have many opportunities to see them, so when I do, I enjoy spending time with them even more.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you want to spend more time with your family and friends but you have become isolated due to your mood, I would like to encourage you to get out there and make plans with them. Just spending a few hours with family and friends can improve your mood for the whole day.

I'm sure that a lot of you can relate to this but I understand that some people prefer spending time by themselves, and I'm not stating that everyone who is feeling down must spend more time with their family and friends.  I have written this post in order to encourage those of you who would like to spend more time with them but who have become isolated, I really hope that this has helped you.


Love, Chey x
- Positive Thinking Wins -

0 on: "Spending Time With Family And Friends"

Feel free to comment and share your views on the post! x