Wednesday 11 December 2013

Surrounding Yourself With Positivity

I think eliminating everything negative around you and surrounding yourself with positivity is so important.  This can help you to stay in a happier mood and think and behave more cheerfully. I'm in the process of doing this now and I'm starting to see a difference in my attitude.

One of the things I have done is change the my laptop's desktop background. This is because like many people, I spend too so much time on my laptop. This means that I see my desktop background A LOT, Therefore, I find it so important to make sure that the background I have is an uplifting one. So I made my desktop background a slideshow of positive sayings and quotes such as 'God is Good so I don't have to look elsewhere', 'Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday', 'Don't worry, be happy', 'Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place' and the images shown below.  This means that whenever I look at my desktop, I am bombarded with a positive message and this helps me a lot. For example, I can be a big worrier sometimes so these messages really help me when I enter my 'worrying mode'.



I have also done a similar thing in my bedroom in the student house that I live in. For example, I am obsessed with love hearts so I've bought posters and pictures with hearts on so that I'm constantly surrounded by things that I like and that cheer me up when I'm away from my family.

One of the posters in my room.
A canvas in my room.
                                                                           
Another thing I do is watch videos which express positive messages and share inspirational life experiences. This helps me realise the reasons why I may be going through certain things or the different ways I can cope with what I'm going through. I share and discuss some of these videos in some of my posts entitled 'Promoting Positivity', I hope that you watch them and they help you feel better too. 

These are just a few examples of the steps I've taken to surround myself with positivity. I hope to find more ways of doing this which I can share with you.


Love, Chey x 

- Positive Thinking Wins-

0 on: "Surrounding Yourself With Positivity"